Frequently Asked Questions
Thank you for visiting Frontier Carriages! Here is a list of questions that are frequently asked by our customers. If you have any other questions that you don't find the answers to here, feel free to contact us and we'd be glad to help!
1) Are there any discounts for bulk orders?
• We do offer quantity discounts. Each product's discount can be seen on their individual pages. If you are ordering a substantial quantity, please contact us for any additional savings.
2) How can I pay for my order?
• We accept MasterCard, Visa, Discover, AMEX,. We are also in the process of integrating Apple Pay and Android Pay as options in the checkout. If you need additional payment options, including international bank cards, checks, cash, etc., please call us at 888-4-FABTRON (888-432-2876) If you decide to mail a check or cash, please be aware your order will not start being processed until after we receive the payment and it has cleared.
3) How can I order?
• The convenient shopping cart is the best solution. When checking out, you have the option of paying with a credit card. You can also give us a call and place your order over the phone. Our phone number is 888-4-FABTRON (888-432-2876).
4) How long until I receive my order?
• There are a few different aspects that affect your order's delivery time. Our most popular products are stocked for quick shipment, while other products are built to order. Depending on the product and quantity ordered, your order could take up to two weeks to arrive. Also, depending on your distance from our manufacturing facility in Indiana, it could take up to 5 business days in transit. If you need a product by a specific deadline, please add this information to the comments section during checkout or reach out to us and we will do our best to satisfy your needs. Orders that require expedited shipping or manufacturing will incur an additional fee for a rush order. Contact us for specific information relating to our expedited processing fees and to receive a expedited shipping quote.
5) Is there any assembly required?
• Most wagons and carts arrive fully assembled, except for the wheels. This means that you simply have to remove the wagon from its shipping skid and attach the wheels. They slide into the axles and are tightened. Some of the products are shipped with a few more assembly procedures to reduce the risk of damage during shipping, such as attaching shelves or canopies.
6) How much is does shipping cost?
• We are proud to offer FREE SHIPPING within the continental United States on all of our fully assembled carts, wagons, sleighs, and kiosks. Orders shipped to other locations will have their shipping costs estimated in the shopping cart. For international orders, these costs are simply an estimate and we will contact you with further shipping details and a finalized quote. For orders that contain DIY kits or parts, you can estimate your shipping costs after you add products to your shopping cart. If you need an expedited shipment, please contact us or call 888-4-FABTRON (888-432-2876).
7) Can I expedite my order?
• Depending on your location, your order may be capable of being expedited. Orders that require expedited shipping or manufacturing will incur an additional fee for a rush order. Contact us for specific information relating to our expedited processing fees and to receive a expedited shipping quote. Add a comment during checkout or contact us if you are in need of a faster delivery.
8) How big are these products?
• The dimensions of every product can be found on their individual pages. To put them into perspective, the wagons and carts are about the length and width of a standard bath tub. The miniature carts and wagons are about 3/4 the size of their respective originals.
9) Can these products freely roll around?
• Yes, the axles have built in bearing surfaces to allow for smooth wheel rotation. The wheels can also be tightened so that they don't move if desired.
10) How much weight can these products handle?
• The axles used on our carts and wagons can handle a maximum of around 400 pounds per axle of evenly distributed weight. If the weight is concentrated in one spot, do not expect to reach this maximum. Product weight capacities are listed on their individual pages.
11) How much do these products weigh?
• These carts, wagons, sleighs, and kiosks vary from about 130 pounds all the way to 350 pounds depending on the product. The packaged weight is more than what the wagon will weigh once off the skid used for shipping.
12) Can I serve food off of these products?
• The carts and wagons can have food served off of them; even those used outdoors. Because of the special weather resistant and non-absorptive properties of our products made with Thermally Modified Wood, our carts are easily cleaned from any mess you could make. Thermally Modified Wood has its pores sealed in a process that does NOT use any harmful chemicals (unlike the equivalent treated wood), and is able to be safely used around food.
13) What are rubber wrapped wheels?
• Rubber wrapped wheels are the same as the normal wheels but have a strip of rubber foam around the circumference of the wheel. The wheels are powder coated black and if rolled around on a hard surface, it could damage (scratch, chip) the wheels and possibly the floor as well. This rubber wrapped option ensures the wheel and the floor surface remain protected from each other.
14) Can I order a custom product?
• Yes. In normal circumstances, we can add or change anything about our products that is requested. However, there is no guarantee that we will be able to make every modification that is requested. Additional fees may be assessed depending on the extent of the modification or any additional materials that are used. For more information regarding custom product orders, contact us or call 888-4-FABTRON (888-432-2876).
15) What are my choices of wood and finish?
• We currently offer all of our products manufactured using Thermally Modified Wood. We used to offer the most products in either red cedar or treated wood, but because of the superior durability, weatherability, and absence of harmful chemicals, we no longer offer these options. For more information about Thermally Modified Wood, please click here.
• Our fully assembled products are offered in a beautiful naturally darker wood finish that is achieved by the thermal modification process and a lightly toasted style wood finish that is achieved by a different thermal modification temperature profile and a manually applied natural oil coating.